The iconic London Graphic Centre store in Covent Garden has reopened and welcomed its first customers back with reduced opening hours of 10am-4pm Monday to Saturday. This follows the temporary closure of its store on March 23rd, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
London Graphic Centre is the largest Arts and Crafts store in Central London, with over 15,000 different products available in store, and as such is a significant shopping destination for people coming into the area.
London Graphic Centre Commercial Manager, Michael Want said: “Engaging with the Arts can improve mental wellbeing, reduce stress, improve cognitive skills and help to bring people together, and many London Graphic Centre customers have shared their uplifting artwork through our social channels throughout lockdown."
"We are now delighted to have opened the doors to our store once again, and know that our community is as excited as we are for us to be open, now both in store and online. We have been providing customers with everything they need to complete projects and provide an escape through a hobby, through what has been an extremely difficult period for many. It’s good to be back!”
To ensure that London Graphic Centre’s customers and colleagues remain safe and are complying with Government guidelines the stores have put the following measures in place:
● Restricting the number of customers who are in store at any one time
● Asking customers to maintain social distancing guidelines when in store
● Asking customers to pay with cards wherever possible
● Introducing protective screens on till points
● Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising
● Wiping down all chip and pin machines after every use
● The provision of hand sanitiser for colleagues and customers
● Quarantining returned goods for up to 72 hours
● Ensuring that colleagues comply with all COVID-19 secure guidelines to remain safe at all times